Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Guests, Welcome to Fountain Pen Classifieds

Can't See Photos? Register Now For FREE Buying, Selling & Trading and Complete Access!

This website is the only pen enthusiast site devoted exclusively to buying, selling, and trading writing instruments and accessories.

And it's completely FREE to use.
No fees whatsoever!

To get started, please register for your free membership. Only members can:

--Post buy/sell/trade listings or reply to postings
--Create a custom profile
--Contact other members by personal message (PM) or email
--Subscribe to categories, forums, and topics (so you can watch for new items being posted, etc.)
--View photos in posts

We're working hard to become the #1 website for writing instrument commerce.

Take a moment and join now!

Like Us on Facebook, Follow Us on Twitter!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Advertising Options Coming Soon

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 PointyThings

PointyThings

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 242 posts
  • LocationDFW, Texas

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:41 AM

In addition to working on the back end of this board, improving search engine optimization, refining settings, upgrading the server, and generally trying to figure out how this whole things works, I'm working on some ideas for adding advertising to the board.

Now, before you start groaning about cheesy banner ads, keep this in mind: I only want advertising that will benefit sellers AND buyers.

For sellers, that means running ads that will increase sales, either to their website or to a page here on FPC.

For buyers, I want ads that will help them find items they have been looking for. The right ads will increase visibility of those neat items that might have gone unnoticed in lesser-visited categories.

And for me, ads will help cover the expense of running this show.

I've already had people ask me about accepting donations (the ubiquitous "Donate" button). While I love being given money as much as the next person, I don't want to make a practice of begging for donations.

I'd rather give something in exchange.

To that end, I'm brainstorming on some creative solutions that give extra value to you in exchange for giving a little dough to me.

I'll share more as these ideas firm up.

And feel free to contact me if you have ideas of your own.

I want this experiment to survive and thrive for everyone.

--Karl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users