Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Guests, Welcome to Fountain Pen Classifieds

Can't See Photos? Register Now For FREE Buying, Selling & Trading and Complete Access!

This website is the only pen enthusiast site devoted exclusively to buying, selling, and trading writing instruments and accessories.

And it's completely FREE to use.
No fees whatsoever!

To get started, please register for your free membership. Only members can:

--Post buy/sell/trade listings or reply to postings
--Create a custom profile
--Contact other members by personal message (PM) or email
--Subscribe to categories, forums, and topics (so you can watch for new items being posted, etc.)
--View photos in posts

We're working hard to become the #1 website for writing instrument commerce.

Take a moment and join now!

Like Us on Facebook, Follow Us on Twitter!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Please keep your ended posts intact

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PointyThings

PointyThings

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 242 posts
  • LocationDFW, Texas

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:14 AM

Only a couple of members have engaged in this practice, but I'm making a request that everyone who creates a new topic or listing keep it as intact as possible, even after the item has been sold or request fulfilled.

First, leave the text of your listing intact. If possible, leave all links to photos, too. I would also like to see final prices remain in your listings with a SOLD or WITHDRAWN added next to the price, as well as in the title.

I know some of you prefer to remove the price after the item has sold, but please consider leaving your final prices in place. There is no good reason to remove prices from sold items.

Prices change in the market; some people get great deals, some might pay more than usual. This information makes FPC more useful--and useful means more people visiting the site!

I can't emphasize this enough. People visit sites like FPC to research pricing, view photos, and learn more about writing instruments. These old listings become a valuable reference and help attract more members to FPC.

This content is also critical to generating search engine traffic, which is necessary to attract new members. This means more buyers and sellers coming to FPC!

As for photos, please leave those up, too. I know I'm limiting photo space on FPC for photos stored here to make site maintenance manageable, so I can understand if you need to delete those photos.

But those of you who have Photobucket, Flickr, and other photohosting accounts or a private webhosting account, please leave your photos up.

If you post items frequently on FPC, please consider using external hosting for your photos so they can remain intact after your listing has ended.

These practices will benefit you by making FPC the go-to place for buying, selling, and trading.

Any comments, please post them below.

Thanks,

--Karl

#2 Skyclad

Skyclad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 18 September 2011 - 03:48 AM

I know some of you prefer to remove the price after the item has sold, but please consider leaving your final prices in place. There is no good reason to remove prices from sold items.

Prices change in the market; some people get great deals, some might pay more than usual. This information makes FPC more useful--and useful means more people visiting the site!

I can't emphasize this enough. People visit sites like FPC to research pricing, view photos, and learn more about writing instruments. These old listings become a valuable reference and help attract more members to FPC.

Thank you! I couldn't have said it better myself

I believe this should be a rule for any and all forums that have a 'For Sale' section.

#3 FredRydr

FredRydr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania USA

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:21 AM

But those of you who have Photobucket, Flickr, and other photohosting accounts or a private webhosting account, please leave your photos up.

This is a tough one, because I have a space limit.

Fred

#4 PointyThings

PointyThings

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 242 posts
  • LocationDFW, Texas

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:10 AM

This is a tough one, because I have a space limit.

Fred

Within reason, of course.

If you have storage limits, then you'll need to delete photos to avoid exceeding those limits. Or consider finding a service that allows for unlimited storage.

My point of the request is to build an archive of interesting and useful content that will attract people to FPC. Many people have told me that they miss having the old sales posts on FPN to reference.

I'd like to build an extensive archive here.

Remember, more visitors/members means more items to buy and more buyers to buy them.

#5 777

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationBig Sandy, Tennessee

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:47 AM

Very wise idea Karl.

I usually delete my pictures (never the text) after about 1 year. Mainly because I don't have storage for them all!

Need a pen repaired or a nib re-ground? I'd love to help you out.

Posted Image

Colossians 3:17 - And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

#6 Frank

Frank

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 440 posts
  • LocationUSA (NJ)

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:00 PM

Bump- Important issue!

:)

"When, in the course of writing events, it becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal" (Federalist Frank)

We sell quality, known brands at reasonable prices!!
(Use forum code "FPC" to receive an additional discount of 5%!)

www.federalistpensonline.com   (Online Pen Store)

Linked-In Group!

Like Us on Facebook!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users