Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Guests, Welcome to Fountain Pen Classifieds

Can't See Photos? Register Now For FREE Buying, Selling & Trading and Complete Access!

This website is the only pen enthusiast site devoted exclusively to buying, selling, and trading writing instruments and accessories.

And it's completely FREE to use.
No fees whatsoever!

To get started, please register for your free membership. Only members can:

--Post buy/sell/trade listings or reply to postings
--Create a custom profile
--Contact other members by personal message (PM) or email
--Subscribe to categories, forums, and topics (so you can watch for new items being posted, etc.)
--View photos in posts

We're working hard to become the #1 website for writing instrument commerce.

Take a moment and join now!

Like Us on Facebook, Follow Us on Twitter!

Guest Message by DevFuse

SOLD Mabie Todd Swan 1500 Brd Eyedropper

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 adam11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:32 PM

For sale or trade here is very old Mabie Todd The Swan pen, model 1500 with nib size BRD marked at the end of the barrel. This is quite interesting and rare flexible OB with over and under feed capable of producing dramatic line variation.
The pen is eyedropper filler and was produced around 1910. For the time being, it was very successful, technically advanced and superbly built pen.
The pen comes in an original box and have all elements, like twisted wire connected with the feed.
Obviously, this 100+ year old antique jewel is not for everyone. The filling system and the incredible nib are in demand of the skillful and patient hand. The pen was used, but it doesn't have any cracks or deep scratches on the black hard rubber cap or body. Guilloche pattern is little bit more clear than the pattern on the body, but imprint is strong and clearly readable. No discoloration. Sold in as found condition, needs to be cleaned. I only dip tested the nib.
13.2 cm with cap on,
12.7 cm without cap,
17 cm with cap posted.
Price: sold USD, worldwide priority shipping is included in the price.
Images are an integral part of the ad, so I ask you kindly to examine them in detail. If it's not explicitly stated otherwise, my pens are sold in as found condition, but always cleaned, inspected and ready to write. Feel free to make reasonable offers. First " I want it" will get the pen. The pen will be on hold and payment is expected in 24 hours. If you cannot make that deadline please let me know and I will work with you. If you have any further questions, please contact me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users