Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Guests, Welcome to Fountain Pen Classifieds

Can't See Photos? Register Now For FREE Buying, Selling & Trading and Complete Access!

This website is the only pen enthusiast site devoted exclusively to buying, selling, and trading writing instruments and accessories.

And it's completely FREE to use.
No fees whatsoever!

To get started, please register for your free membership. Only members can:

--Post buy/sell/trade listings or reply to postings
--Create a custom profile
--Contact other members by personal message (PM) or email
--Subscribe to categories, forums, and topics (so you can watch for new items being posted, etc.)
--View photos in posts

We're working hard to become the #1 website for writing instrument commerce.

Take a moment and join now!

Like Us on Facebook, Follow Us on Twitter!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

~FS~ Six Vintage Mechanical Pencils

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Michael McNeil

Michael McNeil

FPC Supporter!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • LocationOregon, U.S.A.

Posted 29 September 2017 - 02:49 AM

Hi all,

These pencils have been restored and are ready to use, unless noted otherwise.

If you see one or more pens that you like, please reply to me at:

michael@northwestpenworks.com

If you intend to make a purchase, please read "Rules, Shipping, Etc." at the bottom of this post.

#1. circa 1928 Wahl Eversharp No. 74 (?) mechanical pencil in red and black wood grain hard rubber. The pencil is a fairly large diameter, but pretty much a standard size for Eversharp, which is a bit larger than the metal pencils. The diameter is .387 inch or 9.84 mm. The length is 5 3/8 inches or 13.7 cm. There are small, fairly innocuous, bite marks around the top edge and on the top gold filled band. There is no brassing on the roller clip or other trim. The clip has good "snap" (it is tight). The mechanism is working well. The lead size is .046 inch or 1.1 mm. I gave the pencil a nice polish and it looks very nice.

Price $75.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

pvW9dxY.jpg

2. 1920's Wahl Eversharp pencil in brown hard rubber, with chrome trim. The size of the pencil is about that of a standard size metal Eversharp pencil. The color of this pencil is kind of odd, I think it was meant to be a red and black wood grain, but much of it is brown with a few small red and black streaks. It is as if the red was blended with the black too thoroughly and came out brown. The diameter of the pencil is .30 inch or 7.8 mm and the length is 5 1/8 inch or 13.0 cm. The lead size is .046 or 1.1 cm. I gave the barrel a light polish. The only damage is a very slight wave in the clip, that you can see when light reflects off of it. You should have seen it before I straightened it! The clip is tight. The mechanism is working properly.

Price $45.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

gZVe7QM.jpg

3. 1937 to '41 (?) Eversharp pencil, silver plated, made in England. I do not know what model this one could be. The push button resembles an Eversharp Airliner/Air Lite and the clip is completely different from its American cousins. There is no damage that I can find. The mechanism is working well and the clip is tight. Sometimes when you click the button a bit of inner sleeve pops up and if you push on the lead slightly it will stay down. See second photo. Is it a problem? I don't think so. I have seen other push button Eversharps that do the same thing. It uses .046 inch or 1.1 mm leads. The length of the pencil is 5 1/8 inches or 13.0 cm. The pencil has a smooth surface. I think this model would be hard to find on this side of the pond.

Price $65.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

AMo3EBD.jpg

NBb9j6Y.jpg

4. Circa 1922 Redipoint (by Ingersoll) in rolled silver. This pencil is hexigonal in shape and has kind of a rectangular checkerboard pattern. This is an early pencil for Redipoint. I think the company was incorporated in 1921. It has two or three slight bump marks, some specks of tarnish and micro scratches. I would still classify the condition as Excellent. The mechanism is a propel/repel and the lead is advanced and retracted by turning the crown and it is working well. There is no brassing that I can see and the clip is tight.

Price $55.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

3st6XAz.jpg

5. Redipoint pencil in sterling silver with very odd design on the barrel. If the shapes on the barrel were gemstones I would call the shape marquise. It also has raised lines on the barrel. The clip has a bit of side to side wiggle and it is not quite as tight to the barrel as I would like it to be. The pencil takes .046 or 1.1 mm leads. The mechanism is working well. The length of the pencil is 5 5/8 inches or 14.2 cm. Other than the slightly loose clip the condition is very nice.

Price $85.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

KjywpyG.jpg

6. E. Baker & Sons pencil in sterling silver with barley corn pattern. It appears to be English manufacture. I am not sure of the age of this pencil, but I think it was likely made sometime between about 1900 and 1920. This is a smaller pencil, but it is very heavy, weighing 21.1 grams, which is about 2/3 of an ounce. The mechanism is a twist type and is jointed in the middle of the pencil and works well. The lead size is .08 inch or 2.3 mm. The length of the pencil is 4 inches or 10.1 cm. I could find no damage to report.

Price $120.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

7WgUptn.jpg

lTSKeJz.jpg

Rules, Shipping, Etc.

The usual rules apply, the person sending the first e-mail on an item
~stating intent to purchase~ gets the item. I will give you 5 days to
decide if you like the pen or not. I prefer payment by PayPal but also
accept checks or money orders in USD. I can only accept payment by
PayPal from countries outside the U.S. I ship worldwide, so
international customers are always welcome.

Prices are post paid in the U.S., and will be shipped with a tracking
number. I normally ship by U.S. Postal Service Priority Mail, which
is about $34.00 to most countries, except Canada, which is less.
I can also ship to other countries by Express International Mail,
if you request it, but it is costly.

Return Policy: I will always allow pens, or other items, to be
returned. If there is a problem I would prefer the chance to fix the problem
or replace the item, when and if possible. Otherwise a full refund
will be offered. If you find a problem and choose to send the item
(pen, mechanical pencil, etc.) to someone else to be corrected, I will
not be responsible for any other problems.

Happy penning!

Michael McNeil

E-mail:  michael@northwestpenworks.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users