Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Guests, Welcome to Fountain Pen Classifieds

Can't See Photos? Register Now For FREE Buying, Selling & Trading and Complete Access!

This website is the only pen enthusiast site devoted exclusively to buying, selling, and trading writing instruments and accessories.

And it's completely FREE to use.
No fees whatsoever!

To get started, please register for your free membership. Only members can:

--Post buy/sell/trade listings or reply to postings
--Create a custom profile
--Contact other members by personal message (PM) or email
--Subscribe to categories, forums, and topics (so you can watch for new items being posted, etc.)
--View photos in posts

We're working hard to become the #1 website for writing instrument commerce.

Take a moment and join now!

Like Us on Facebook, Follow Us on Twitter!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

~FS~ 6 Vintage FP's Eversharp - Parker 51 Plum - Waterman's - Bexley

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Michael McNeil

Michael McNeil

FPC Supporter!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationOregon, U.S.A.

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:57 AM

Hi all,

These pens have been restored and are ready to fill with ink and us
unless noted otherwise.

If you see one or more pens that you like, please reply to me at:

michael@northwestpenworks.com

If you intend to make a purchase, please read "Rules, Shipping, Etc." at the bottom of this post.

Pen #1. ~SOLD~ to D.W.

1948 Parker 51 full size fountain pen in Plum (dark violet). The pen did not seem to have a lot of  use. It appeared to have only been used with a burgundy colored ink and the ink sac is only slightly stained. The Lustraloy cap has a few light scratches and typical micro scratches. The barrel imprint is very crisp. The nib is a smooth writing Extra Fine 14K and has nice ink flow. The metal ink sac cover tube is in nice condition. Capped the pen measures 5 7/16 inches or 13.8 cm.

~SOLD~ to D.W. $265.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

vK7LeXU.jpg

h2oByVL.jpg

at40JEp.jpg

2. circa 1928 Waterman's No. 54 red Ripple set with hard shell box. The pencil in this set is an oversize No. 0725. Sometimes buyers opted to buy the oversize pencil instead of the smaller diameter pencil for their set. There is brassing on the clip ball and a line of brassing around top and back of the pen's cap band on the top edge of the band. The name "Frank Searle" is imprinted on the pen barrel and the pencil has no names or initials on it. The Waterman's barrel imprint is deep and the barrel end imprint has some wear from posting the cap, but it is all legible. The pen and pencil have only slight oxidation (discoloration). The clam shell pen box is in very nice condition. The nib in the pen is a very smooth writing fat Fine or Medium "Manifold". The pencil mechanism is working well and feels like it has had little use. There is no brassing on the pencil's trim. It's a beautiful set and if you are not a fan flexible nibs, this might be a great set for you.

Price reduce to $265.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

35411899923_3db42f3859_b.jpg

35411900123_cc40eb8815_b.jpg

35411900233_ba324668ce_b.jpg

36218787115_b786148586_m.jpg

3. Eversharp Skyline full size "Gold Award" set. This is the ringed pattern and all gold filled caps and barrels. The pen has a gold filled dome and being a wartime set, the pencil has a maroon colored plastic nozzle. There is no brassing and I re-cemented the gold filled cap cover and aligned the vent holes with the outer and inner caps. There is a bump mark on the dome (which is not too noticeable and one small bump mark on the barrel. The pencil has some extra leads inside. The back of the pen cap lip is marked "1/10 14K Y.G.F., which is a very thick gold layer. The nib is a very smooth writing Extra Fine 14K. Capped the pen measures 5 1/4 inches or 13.4 cm. The condition of the set is Excellent. I also have a nearly identical boxed set that is in mint/dipped condition for the pen and both pen and pencil on that set have the original stickers.

Price for the set $245.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

35411900813_4b0d2ab57d_b.jpg

35411900943_e6e4b31355_b.jpg

36053383492_f20ddef579_m.jpg

4. circa 1943 Skyline standard size set in black. The pen has a gold filled dome and the set has wide cap bands. The pencil has the original paper price band, stating "NO. J177 $5.00 - Use Eversharp Std. Lead". The pen has been used and has a new ink sac. The mechanism in the pencil is working well. The nib is a very smooth writing Medium 14K with generous ink flow and it has some flexibility. It will make up to about a 1.5 mm line, when pressure is applied. Capped the pen measures 5 1/4 inches or 13.5 cm. This is a classy looking set and the nib in this one is really wonderful. The pen clip appears to have a bit of brassing along one edge. The pen's dome is perfect.

Price reduced to $145.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

35411901483_f9ea81649b_b.jpg

35411901643_019a84131f_b.jpg

35413468863_d6e8970c44_m.jpg

5. circa 1992 Parker Duofold "International" fountain pen in blue pearl. The pen uses either converter or cartridges. It comes with a converter. I do not have a box or papers for it. There is no damage to report. The nib is a very smooth wet writing Medium two tone 18K - .750. The Duofold International model is the smaller diameter of the two sizes that were made. Capped the pen measures 5 1/8 inches or 13.0 cm. The pen has been filled, but it appears to be in Near Mint condition.

Price reduced to $195.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

cd0v71g.jpg

6fDaFH4.jpg

9K525IC.jpg

6. Bexley "Corona" (?) The pen is very attractive and has a similar appearance as a Parker Duofold. The filling system is what I call a "twist piston", like a Pelikan or Montblanc. The color is dark blue with thin light blue veining and it has areas of reflective blue pearl. The nib is a very smooth writing two tone Broad in 18K - .750. Capped the pen measures 5 3/8 inches or 13.6 cm. The pen appears to never have been filled or dip tested. The trim is silver colored.

Price reduced to $250.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

71uRvDw.jpg

9Zsnp4R.jpg

Rules, Shipping, Etc.

The usual rules apply, the person sending the first e-mail on an item
~stating intent to purchase~ gets the item. I will give you 5 days to
decide if you like the pen or not. I prefer payment by PayPal but also
accept checks or money orders in USD. I can only accept payment by
PayPal from countries outside the U.S. I ship worldwide, so
international customers are always welcome.

Prices are post paid in the U.S., and will be shipped with a tracking
number. I normally ship by U.S. Postal Service Priority Mail, which
is about $34.00 to most countries, except Canada, which is less.
I can also ship to other countries by Express International Mail,
if you request it, but it is costly.

Return Policy: I will always allow pens, or other items, to be
returned. If there is a problem I would prefer the chance to fix the problem
or replace the item, when and if possible. Otherwise a full refund
will be offered. If you find a problem and choose to send the item
(pen, mechanical pencil, etc.) to someone else to be corrected, I will
not be responsible for any other problems.

Happy penning!

Michael McNeil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users