Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Guests, Welcome to Fountain Pen Classifieds

Can't See Photos? Register Now For FREE Buying, Selling & Trading and Complete Access!

This website is the only pen enthusiast site devoted exclusively to buying, selling, and trading writing instruments and accessories.

And it's completely FREE to use.
No fees whatsoever!

To get started, please register for your free membership. Only members can:

--Post buy/sell/trade listings or reply to postings
--Create a custom profile
--Contact other members by personal message (PM) or email
--Subscribe to categories, forums, and topics (so you can watch for new items being posted, etc.)
--View photos in posts

We're working hard to become the #1 website for writing instrument commerce.

Take a moment and join now!

Like Us on Facebook, Follow Us on Twitter!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

PARKER "51" [SOLD]

Parker Restored

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Penfisher

Penfisher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:49 AM

Here's a Parker "51" with a bit of a story.  The pen was part of a bulk purchase and was a Special model with a bent nib and missing its cap.  There was also a chip near the end of the barrel.  The pen has been fully disassembled for cleaning/inspection/restoration and the collector, feed and breather tube are in excellent condition, as is the original pli-glass sac which is still translucent, although a bit ambered from age.  The hoop style filler housing is bright with no corrosion and the pen fills properly.  The body is glossy and I drilled a 6mm "stop" hole towards the end of the barrel to stop any further progression of the ragged chip ... IMHO it still presents nicely and doesn't detract -- please see photos.  A Lustraloy cap with a nice pearly jewel was used to replace the missing cap and there are no dings/dent in the cap body and it has a tight clip.  There is a very tiny "smile" at the arrowhead where the clip had been a little loose before I tightened it.  The bent Octanium nib was replaced with a gold nib that is a nice writer that has been "tweaked" and put down a true Fine line with perfect ink flow when tested with Waterman Serenity Blue ink on Rhodia 5mm graph paper -- see writing sample.  The pen feels good in the hand and on the page, and if you want good value in a "51" this is the pen!

$58.00  plus shipping ($4 USA only)   ---- SOLD

Paypal please smile.png

Interested or have questions ----> click on my avatar and send me a message.

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Parker, Restored

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users