Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Guests, Welcome to Fountain Pen Classifieds

Can't See Photos? Register Now For FREE Buying, Selling & Trading and Complete Access!

This website is the only pen enthusiast site devoted exclusively to buying, selling, and trading writing instruments and accessories.

And it's completely FREE to use.
No fees whatsoever!

To get started, please register for your free membership. Only members can:

--Post buy/sell/trade listings or reply to postings
--Create a custom profile
--Contact other members by personal message (PM) or email
--Subscribe to categories, forums, and topics (so you can watch for new items being posted, etc.)
--View photos in posts

We're working hard to become the #1 website for writing instrument commerce.

Take a moment and join now!

Like Us on Facebook, Follow Us on Twitter!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hi from Vancouver Island

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 PapaZeek

PapaZeek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 28 December 2016 - 05:35 PM

Hi folks...

My name is Wade, I've been playing pens for not too long, since fall of 2015, most of the time with inexpensive-ish modern pens, a healthy sampling of the Chinese lot, a couple FPRs, Kawecos, Monteverdes, Nemosines, Noodlers, Pilots, TWSBIs.

A few months back I bought a Sheaffer Imperial II with a factory stub nib from Peyton St Pens and got bit by the older pen bug.  Since then I've picked up a few more older pens, mostly Sheaffers from the 50's-70's, a Waterman Expert II and an Esterbrook SM Deluxe.  

More recently I thought it might be fun to try my hand at some repair/restoration work, so far I've been successful with a couple simple re-saccing jobs, an Esterbrook LJ & an early generation Waterman/Alco Skywriter.  I've now got a couple Snorkels (Special & Admiral) and a Triumph Lifetime 1200 Vac Fill needing rebuilding, and I'm really excited about a Burnham B59 which should be arriving in the next day or so which should just need a new sac.  I also have a lot of eBay-sourced vintage pens "needing repair", which should be following not too long afterward.

I live in Saanichton, on Vancouver Island, a ruralish suburb of Victoria, the capital of BC.  Wifey of 25 yrs and son of 17 yrs tolerate the pen habit, at least it's cheaper than former motorcycling habit.  :-)  I've got a couple Music degrees from University of Victoria, spent the last twenty years making a meager go as a conductor & singer, gave it up for a pension and benefits, now currently working for the provincial government while volunteering with my son's Air Cadet squadron.

That's about it, I look forward to getting to know you and learning more about working on vintage pens.  I think my wife is hoping the latest vintage pen kick will theoretically become self-funding if I manage to gain anything resembling actual competence at restoration.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users